Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's Okay to Be Weird

Picture this: One day you decide to be daring and wear bright red lipstick out. You feel awesome and you get so many compliments on it. Then you say to yourself, "Hey, I might just start doing this every day!" The next day you put on your red lipstick and go out. Then you see someone you saw the day before with the exact same lipstick on. I know I know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this person is being complimented on how original they are, when in fact you were the person that wore the red lipstick first. This is the story of my life.

I am very different then the other girls at school. I dress differently, I talk differently, I listen to different music, and I even eat different food! I don't have a problem with this. I'm not the most popular girl either. In fact, someone asked me where I used to go to school before I moved here one day. I've always gone to the same school as them. But what always seems to happen is that I will be myself and then someone will copy me and give me no credit what so ever. Now I do know that it's a little irrational to want everyone all the time to say who's style they imitated, but it still makes me a little mad. 

I like being myself and being original. I've never seen the appeal of following the trends. It seems like these girls at school are all clones of each other. It's good to be yourself and we all don't need to fit in. It's okay to be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment