Monday, August 13, 2012

It Got a Little Better

  I guess you could say today went pretty well. I went to Algebra where all of the good people are and nothing bad happened. Well except for the fact that I don't know how to use this weird calculator no one else has. Then I went to my favorite teacher's class. Mrs. Neal is my reading teacher and is one of the most wonderful people I know. She's an artist and taught me how to play guitar. I get to sit by my friend in there so it went well. Third was good. I filed a lot.

   Then came the dreaded fourth period. I sat down in my seat and got out my book. Then the mean guy, we'll call him G, came and yelled out, "She's reading again!" So this is what I said. It may sound harsh but this guy isn't nice to any girl it seems so I just thought he deserved it.

"I'm sorry that I'm reading. I know it's such a stupid pass time and doesn't benefit anyone at all. I think I'll just sit here and bat my eyes and twirl my hair because that is obviously the kind of girl you like. I know that you don't like girls with more than air between their ears."

So after that he sat there a minute, gave me a weird look, and said, "I don't get it."

"Exactly," I said, and picked up my book and read. He didn't say anything to me for the rest of the class period.

My ex boyfriend smiled at me and we talked. It's all okay now.

I went to 5th where all of my friends are and had a good time. The boy in my class with Aspergers Syndrome called me Beautiful Sweet Emma. He's a wonderful person. I wish people wouldn't be mean to him.

6th and 7th were great. I am beginning to like school a lot.

But there is this guy I like. We'll call him D.
D and I have known each other a while and we are wonderful friends. But the weird thing is we've always had crushes on each other, but at different times. Right now it's my turn and he has a girlfriend. But I guess I just need to wait it out. He's a wonderful person. D and I think the same way. He and I love history, and want to travel. We both don't understand why people don't like to learn. I really like him. I hope that something works out.

Well I guess here in a bit I will go to bed.

Maybe I'll dream of Paris. I hope.

7 comments:

  1. I think your comeback was excellent! You're clearly a very smart and sassy young lady :) Hang in there, I know dealing with all the idiots and drama of high school can get draining. Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the Lookmatic glasses! :) You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, don't let the bullies get to you. Keep in mind that while in school, it seems like your entire life, but . . . before long, you will graduate and move on. I do hope you do get to Paris one day! It is still on my list also . . . from all those years ago when I was your age and studying French . . . I will get there one day . . . I'm sure! :) Don't lose your dreams along the way! Be sure to nurture them! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, life gets better, much better, when you leave (escape?) high school. All of us have been through the misery of middle-teen age years spent in the horrors/halls of high school. And it doesn't seem to matter WHAT high school you attend; they're all equally terrible. It's the time of life that makes everyone crazy and mean and all cooped up together for eight hours a day.

    I'm always a little shocked when I hear old people like me - I'm 61 - extoll their wonderful highschool years and say how happy they were. I don't believe them for a minute; they're either delusional or willfully lying. Things get better when you go off to college.

    I'm glad you won the glasses contest. A new look is always good. And don't worry, you'll get to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma darling - the boy who made fun of you for reading will be flipping burgers as you board your jet bound for Paris. Karma has a wicked sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris is all that and more -I hope you get there soon! It's one of those things people talk up so much and you think, it can't possibly be that good. BUT IT IS! Even in the icky cold rainy weather for the week I went last December.
    Angelina is REALLY good -the best hot chocolate in the world! Forget a meal - go for dessert with hot chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, dear Emma. My daughter is in 7th grade and she has way more ups and downs at school than my son did when he was her age. Treat it like a job you have to go to everyday in order to make your dreams come true later on in life. I tell my daughter to treat it like a job and her classmates like co-workers...she has dance classes every day after school so that's what she looks forward to and where she shines. I hope you have other fun and special things you can do that have nothing to do with school. You will get to Paris and to all the other beautiful places you want to go and you will look back on these years as such a small time in your life.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quel delight! I'm going to Paris next week and would just adore you joining me! Lovely Emma, I couldn't be more thrilled to have stumbled upon your sweet blog ~ keep reading, and keep your head up. Boys at that age are vile creatures, and I implore you to not waste a moment's worry on them. You are trop parfait, mon cherie!

    ReplyDelete