Sunday, August 12, 2012

Manners

So I started school a couple of days ago. I was looking forward to a new start on the year and looking forward to maybe enjoying a school year, finally. I get to school, sit down in the cafeteria to wait to go to class, and I get pushed off the seat. All of my stuff went everywhere and I landed flat on my face. People laughed. I didn't.

The next day I went into my fourth period class and sit in my seat. My ex boyfriend who hates me sits diagonally from me and wont even look at me. So another boy comes up to me, obviously being dared to do this, and says loudly, "Is it weird to sit near your ex?" I said no and read my book.  Then the boy in front of me turns around and says with a look of judgement and shock on his face, "Why are you reading a book. That's stupid." I didn't reply because I didn't feel like talking to anyone after the humiliation. Then he says, "Why are you so mad?" I said I wasn't and then my ex says to him that I'm not very nice.

I wish people had manners. It kills me to see people act like that. I wanted to cry. And hit someone. But the other thing that bothered me so much was that he was shocked I was reading! Is there something I'm missing. He called me stupid for reading. Does reading not show signs of intelligence?

I'm nervous about tomorrow which I was hoping wouldn't happen this year. I just got over school anxiety only for it to come back.

Maybe some Belle and Sebastian will help get my mind off of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment